HOW TO PLAY?
Dear learners from all over the world, here is some information about how to play Somm360:
- Create your free profile.
- Enter the game to play quizzes created by top sommeliers from around the globe while challenging your friends and peers.
- Repeat anytime, anywhere.
Enjoy it from your mobile to your desktop, and everywhere in between. It’s free!
Are you ready to have fun, learn, and play?
This concept has been made possible by our knowledge partners. These partnerships will allow us to offer employment opportunities for sommeliers worldwide while curating high-quality content for our new learning platform. To pay tribute to the support of our partners, each theme of the day and/or quiz will be marked as being “made possible by X”, with X being our partner for that particular educational segment.
Somm360 is on EST time. Daily content and quizzes are updated at 12:01 AM EST
- Each quiz is composed of 30 multiple choice or True/False questions for you to solve.
- If you fail to complete the selected quiz in under 300 seconds no points will be awarded.
- Each question has its own level of difficulty. We refer to them as 101, 201, and 301 level questions, with each level increasing in difficulty and potential points to add to your score.
- We shall provide your results at the end of each quiz.
- You cannot take the same quiz more than once.
- Your quiz results will impact your ranking in our national and international leaderboards.
- The first “season” will extend 90 days from launch, and at its conclusion we shall crown the top players from around the world.
- After this 90 day “season”, the score of every player will be reset to zero and we will start a brand new “season”.
The 101, 201, and 301 level questions are incremental in difficulty, and each has a corresponding incremental score to add to your total.
Question 101 level = 100 points
Question 201 level = 150 points
Question 301 level = 200 points.
At the end of the quiz, each remaining second will give you 1 additional point, so your timing will be crucial as to your final score.
During the game you will have opportunities to receive many rewards.
The more you play the more features you will unlock.
You can also achieve one or more of these challenges :
The 30-day Challenge : Play 30 days in a row and earn 1000 bonus points.
The 60-day Challenge : Play 60 days in a row and earn 2500 bonus points.
The 90-day Challenge : Play 90 days in a row and earn 5000 bonus points.
Each time you fulfill a goal, you’ll earn a trophy:
Golden Bottle : If you are the top player of any “season” you immediately earn 5000 bonus points to start the next “season”.
Golden Glass : If you are the top player of the day you immediately earn 200 bonus points. It is possible to earn this trophy repeatedly, day after day.
Silver Glass : If you rank within the top 10 players of the day you immediately earn 50 bonus points. It is possible to earn this trophy repeatedly, day after day.
Bronze Glass : If you rank within the top 50 players of the day, you immediately earn 25 bonus points. It is possible to earn this trophy repeatedly, day after day.
Perfection : If you achieve a 100% perfect score in any one quiz you immediately earn 50 bonus points. It is possible to earn this trophy repeatedly, day after day.
I’m A Fan! : If you play three days in a row, each additional day will give you 100 bonus points. If you skip one day, this combo will stop and you are back to day one.
The Challenger : If you challenge your friends to play you immediately earn 100 bonus points for each friend you challenge.
Unstoppable: If you play three quizzes (or more!) during the same day, you immediately earn 100 bonus points. It is possible to earn this trophy repeatedly, day after day.